Tuesday Shoes Day With The World’s Most Expensive Shoes
Seeing the price tags of these shoes made my heart race, like really??? As always, i was surfing the internet and came across an article on Dorothy of the Wizard of Oz, remember those her sparkly bright red shoes? I wanted a pair so bad when i was growing up.
I saw the price attached to them, apparently they are still available and being kept in a museum in Washington DC and it got me excited.
You can DIY your own Dorothy Ruby Slippers and click your heels away. All you need are
- A pair of plain pumps, preferably patent leather.
- Adhesive glue or Spray
- Glue applicator
- Red glitter
After much nosing around, i came up with the 10 most expensive shoes in the world. It’s interesting to see that the famous footwear designer, Stuart Weitzman has 8 of these shoes to his credit. Let’s countdown.
10. Stuart Weitzman’s Diamond Dream Stilettos: This pair cost a whooping $500, 000 and was designed alongside a famous jeweler Kwait with about 1420 shiny diamonds sitting on them.
9. Original Ruby Slippers from “The Wizard of Oz”: These are the original pair worn by Dorothy in the movie and are valued at $612, 000.
8. Stuart Weitzman’s “Retro Rose” Pumps: As ordinary as they look, this cost $1,000,000, yep One million US Dollars. Adorned with 1,800 diamonds, it’s also from the creative duo of Weitzman and Kwait, the jeweler.
7. Stuart Weitzman’s “Marilyn Monroe” Shoes: I told you Weitzman is on a roll with this post. This pair also costs $1,000,000. Marilyn Monroe didn’t own them or ever wear them but they depict her elegant life and so were named after her.
6. Stuart Weitzman’s “Platinum Guild” Stilettos: Carved with 464 diamonds, they cost $1,090,000
5. Stuart Weitzman’s “Ruby Slippers”: They have 642 Burmese rubies and about one pound of platinum. Displayed at Harrods London, they are said to have been sold to an anonymous bidder at $1,600,000
4. Stuart Weitzman’s “Tanzanite Heels”: Encrusted with 185 carats of blue tanzanite gemstones and 28 carat diamonds, they are valued at $2,000,000.
3. Stuart Weitzman’s “Cinderella Slippers”: Have 565 diamonds and cost $2,000,000.
2. Stuart Weitzman’s “Rita Hayworth” Heels: These shoes are worth $3,000,000…Three million dollars. They were custom made for Rita Hayworth, a legendary singer and actress. I read her daughter inherited the fortune and they are now a decorative piece in her house.
1. Harry Winston’s “Ruby Slippers”: Worth the same value at $3,000,000 as Rita Hayworth’s shoes are Harry Winston’s version of Dorothy’s Ruby slippers designed and created to mark the 50th anniversary of the Wizard of Oz.
Diamonds are a girl’s best friends and Stuart Weitzman used that to his advantage by adorning his shoes with diamonds. What better way to get a woman. He takes this list with 8 of the 10 shoes and their life changing price tags.
Which of these are your favorite, i don’t know a lot about diamonds and precious stones but with the stones these shoes carry, they are probably worth every penny and more.
Peace, love and life changing price tags