#WCW- Trendy Curvy Chics
Shout out to all the thick ladies out there. If you rock your size 16 and over bodies with pride, kudos to you. And if you’re not comfortable in your body but wish to get your styling right, this post is for you…
The first thing you’re going to need to acquire is Self confidence. If you look in the mirror and hate all the flabs and folds that make your outfits look a mess, then you need to take the decision to make a change. It all starts in your mind, quit wallowing in self pity and start making small changes everyday. And while you’re on the journey, love , love , love and love yourself some more. Phew!!!
I can relate to the struggle of not getting beautiful clothes in your size but that is never a reason not to look good.
I’m crushing on Plus size Los Angeles fashion blogger – Kristine of Trendy Curvy Chic. She knows her body and makes it a point of duty to dress that body right. You should go to her blog if you need tips. I am just getting a hang of what suits me myself and i must confess her blog did a lot in opening me up to style tricks that i didn’t know about. Here’s a few of the many things I learned.
- Confidence is key.
- Get the right underwear from bras to spanx in the right sizes. Spanx are meant to hide cellulites and smoothen you out in your tight fitted clothes. They are not to hold in bulges, so they shouldn’t be too tight making you feel breathless.
- Less is more, dress in earth tones – brown, grey, black, white, olive colors should form the basis of your outfits.
- Go for monochromatic looks and switch things up with different shades to break them apart.
- Bright colors should be toned down with a neutral color.
- Buy your right size
- Enjoy your body as it is even if you’re on the journey to losing weight.
I feel like I have my fashion game on now, there’s so much to learn from her.
Not all shoe styles are suitable for the curvy chics mostly because we tend to have short and thick looking legs. These are shoe styles that would work perfectly for you and you should stick to them. Switch things up by buying them in different colors, textures, heel heights e.t.c but make them a part of your wardrobe staples.
Classic Pumps: They create the illusion of length and will make your legs look longer and leaner. They are versatile and so can be worn with EVERY outfit. Buy them in different heel types, textures and colors.
2. Barely there sandals : These can include T bar straps and Tie up straps. They are simple and barely there as the name implies, showing off a lot of your feet and creating the illusion of length.Buy them with details to get them popping.
3.Mules: These shoe style is currently my favorite. You can never have to many as they come in a wide variety.
5. Slingback Shoes: They leave the upper foot open and that helps to lengthen and lean too.
However, shy away from shoes that will cut your legs in half making you look thicker.
I hope this has helped and you will start to make smarter choices…
Peace, love and love your curves